ABOUT THE PROGRAM
A total of 300 students in universities and colleges all over Eswatini will receive capacity building each year. A total of 8 companies will be selected and incubated by RSTP and a total of 4 student-led companies will receive seed capital of E23, 000.00 each.
The aim is to:
- To increase the number of participants in innovation and entrepreneurship among students or the youth in universities and colleges.
- To increase the readiness of youth-led businesses for incubation programs, access to financial services and market penetration.
- To increase the contribution of youth-led businesses to employment generation and economic growth.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- A start-up (incorporated or not) founded by an individual or team of students with each person aged 18 years or above. RSTP provides company registration services.
- A startup must have a business idea or operating business in any of the following sectors:
- ICT and Engineering;
- Agriculture and food;
- Climate adaptation and environment.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
Participants will have access to the following:
- Co- working space and amenities;
- Capacity building and access to networks – training, advisory services and mentorship;
- Business facilitation – company registration services and market access support;
- Intellectual property protection services;
- Legal services; and
Up to E92, 000.00 seed capital grant
- Relevance – A demonstration that the proposed solution addresses a real problem faced by the people of Eswatini or presents an opportunity.
- Innovation/Originality – A demonstration that the proposed solution is new or is an improvement of an existing solution in the market.
- Proof of concept or prototype – Idea that is supported by adequate technical research and a feasible methodology that will lead to an experimental proof of concept or prototype of the solution which can be used to demonstrate the features to the customer or market-ready solutions.
- Founder(s) or team strength – Founder(s) and teams must have a long-term vision for the innovation/business, a strong work ethic, be teachable and willing to improve the technical and business know-how. They must demonstrate evidence of basic skills to develop the solution. At least one of the founders must work for the start-up on a full-time basis.
- Proof of market attractiveness and product opportunity (market research) – A clear description of the market characteristics and customers and research that confirms that the product or service will fill a gap and evidence of understanding of competitor positions, advantages, disadvantages and potential response of competitors to the proposed product or service.
- Ematfuba Ami ProgramMay 7, 2021 - 11:50 am
A total of 1400 students in universities and colleges all over Eswatini will receive capacity building each year.
A total of 300 students will be selected and capacitated leading to a Selection of 8 participants or companies.
A total of 8 student-led companies will be admitted to the RSTP business incubator and awarded with cash
- The Leadership Program for Entrepreneurs & EmployeesSeptember 18, 2020 - 10:29 am
The Leadership Program for Entrepreneurs & Employees runs from 24th September to 10th October 2020. Saul Hernandes, the Trainer, says that any unplanned event or change causes uncertainty, hence, entrepreneurship and general life is filled with uncertainty. So, it is important for any person to learn to sync feelings, perceptions and thoughts in order to […]
- Annual Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (TIE) ConferenceOctober 1, 2019 - 10:36 am